We’re officially into the holiday season – can you believe it!? The next two months will be filled with holiday shopping, binge-watching Hallmark holiday movies (for some of us), and holiday promotions.
In addition to sharing your season’s greeting and holiday sales across social media, in-store, and on your website, make sure you’re not forgetting your hidden holiday marketing secret: email marketing!
Email marketing is an effective way to get in front of your audience anytime – but especially this upcoming holiday season as people will be searching for gifts and gift ideas more online this year than last.
So, what’s the first step in creating an email marketing campaign that makes customers merry?
A jolly good holiday email subject line, of course! Here are some examples of email subject lines for the various holiday marketing campaigns you’ll be running this season.
Holiday Subject Line Examples
An easy start to a holiday marketing campaign is to create one that’s non-denominational. The holiday season spans from November through January, so a simple holiday subject line is a good place to start for your marketing emails. Once you get the hang of it, you can tailor emails to specific holidays.
Holiday subject line examples:
- Spread some cheer with us — open house sale!
- Season’s Greetings and Holiday Savings!
- Warm up to winter with us this Saturday 🔥
- Holiday Super Sale!
- Kickstart Your Holiday Shopping with Us!
- 25 Tips for Healthy Eating this Holiday Season
- Looking to get ahead of the holiday rush? Early sale starts now!
- It’s snowing savings! See our top deals.
- Our ultimate winter packing list
You’ll notice that some subject lines capitalize the first letter of each word, while others don’t. Play around with your subject lines and see which style looks best. What’s important is to stay consistent!
Thanksgiving Email Subject Lines
Thanksgiving is all about being thankful for your customers and is the perfect time to craft creative email subject lines centered around appreciating them. Thanksgiving email marketing campaigns that promote customer appreciation sales or offers are a great idea during this time.
Tip: Make sure to include Thanksgiving-themed graphics or pictures in your emails to make your content stand out once it’s opened.
Thanksgiving subject line examples:
- Gobble up these Thanksgiving specials!
- We’re thankful for our customers: Coupon Inside!
- We’re giving thanks with 50% off!
- Stuff yourself with savings 🍗
- Early access to Black Friday deals
- Gather ’round for savings!
- Thanksgiving Schedule Changes & Weekend Specials
- 28 Ways to Give Thanks at Suzy’s Spa
- Savings to be thankful for — 8 deals you can’t miss.
Small Business Saturday Email Subject Lines
Small Business Saturday is another promotional idea that you can use around Thanksgiving. Encourage customers to visit or support your business on this day by sending them a reminder email with specials or promotions that you’re running.
Small Business Saturday subject line examples:
- Celebrate Small Biz Sat with us: BOGO sale 🎉
- See you on Small Business Saturday?
- Take a peek at our Small Biz Sat sale
- We’re staying open late on Small Business Saturday!
- 5 Ways to Support Our Community This Small Biz Sat
- It’s our 8th annual Small Biz Sat sale! Join us?
- Walk off those leftovers: Small Biz Sat sidewalk sale
- We’ve got the perfect gifts on Small Biz Sat
Christmas Email Subject Lines
The winter holidays are the perfect excuse to promote new items and services or to phase out old merchandise with a sale. Use an email marketing campaign to get new customers to your business by offering deals, loyalty discounts, gift packages, or gift guides to entice customers.
Christmas subject line examples:
- Gift Ideas for Everyone on Your List 🎁
- 12 Days of Savings Starts today!
- 7 Spa Treatments to Put You on the “Nice” List
- Ho Ho Ho (Spend Less Dough)
- You’re Getting Warmer – Packages from $59
- Looking like Rudolph? Book a facial today!
- 5 Easy DIY Christmas Decor Tips
- Our Winter Warmer Package Makes a Great Gift
- Meow-y Christmas! 5 holiday treats safe for your cat
Hanukkah Email Subject Lines
Christmas isn’t the only holiday worth celebrating in December! Hanukkah gives you the opportunity to send out multiple emails as part of an email campaign. You can even do an email campaign with the theme of eight days or nights. Hanukkah is often overlooked as a marketing opportunity – but make sure to create an email marketing campaign that welcomes and appreciates all your customers.
Hanukkah subject line examples:
- 8 Crazy Bites – Special Hanukkah Menu
- Sale to Light Up Your Life
- Challah for These Chanukkah Deals
- 8 Days of Savings
- We Like You a Latke!
- Hanukkah Deals to Make You Dizzy!
- Gift ideas for all 8 nights inside 👀
- The best host gifts for your Hanukkah celebrations
New Year’s Email Subject Lines
New Year’s is a time when people start fresh and make resolutions. It’s also a time to celebrate! Clear out extra stock with sales for the New Year or host events to get new customers. The start of a new year is the perfect time to begin a customer loyalty program for your business in order to retain and get more customers through the year.
New Year’s subject line examples:
- New Year, New ‘Do — Get a $50 haircut!
- Annual Membership Sale
- 5 Fitness Resolutions to Break 💪
- Start your New Year Off Right — 25% off Spa Packages
- Your First Look for 2021
- Join Us in the New Year!
- Let’s start this year right. 10% off throughout January
- The holidays may be over, but the savings aren’t!
Tie a Bow on Your Holiday Email Marketing Campaigns
The holidays are an opportunity to close out your year strong with holiday promotions and marketing campaigns that appeal to your target audience. Use these ideas to kick off a successful email marketing strategy that you can carry with you into the new year!