February is my least favorite month. To all February Aquarius or Pisces folks out there, I’m sorry. But between recovering from the holidays, unpredictable weather, and fewer days than every other month, why would I like February?
However, if I were a small business owner, I might change my opinion. February is the perfect month to fire up your marketing after you’ve settled in for the new year. The trick is to be strategic with your approach to make the most out of this short month. Email marketing is just the thing your business needs this February, and we’ll explain how you can make it happen by exploring questions like:
- Why is email marketing in February important for small businesses?
- What are some February email subject line ideas fit for your business?
- What February holidays can you frame your email marketing around?
By the end of this post, you’ll be lobbying to make February the official favorite month of small businesses that use email marketing.
Why you should try email marketing this February
Email marketing is vital to small business success throughout the year. However, with February being such a short month, email marketing can be your fast track to squeezing in as much revenue as possible. In fact, studies have shown that emails sent during winter drive the most traffic to your website.
With about 333.2 billion emails being sent per day in 2022 and 64% of small businesses already leveraging email marketing, you won’t want to miss out on this February marketing channel. Yet, those numbers also indicate that competition is high, so you’ll want to give your email copywriting some extra TLC this month to help your business stand out.
Why your February email subject lines matter
Evaluating your email subject line strategy is a good place to start finessing your copywriting since 47% of recipients decide to open an email based on the subject line alone. Plus, 33% will open an email simply because they think the subject line is catchy. Use our ideas below to help your February email campaigns take off!
Related: Looking for a broader marketing plan fit for the whole year? Download our free 2022 marketing calendar jam-packed with ideas.
February email subject line ideas for any business
Whether you’re a multi-location franchise, an at-home start-up, or a local shop, these February email subject lines are sure to catch your recipients’ attention:
- Freeze! February Offers Incoming
- Abel, Join in on Our February Fun!
- Lori, Look No Further This February!
- February Flurry of Excitement at Rand’s Local
- Why February is Our Favorite Month…
- We’re Putting on Our February Best. Check Us Out!
- .. It’s Already February?
- Meri, Here’s to Still Processing Last Year…
- Dwight, How Are Your New Year’s Resolutions Going?
- Spring is Coming, Are You Ready?
- Winter is in Full Effect: How to Deal
- Find Us in February for a Special Surprise
- Follow Our Page in February & Get 10% Off!
February email subject lines to boost your sales
Email subject lines for sales can often be a challenge for small businesses since they must strike a balance between encouraging purchases without being too pushy. Try these sales email subject line ideas to help:
- February Flash Sale! 20% Off
- We’ve Got Sales to Make You Melt
- Fresh Year = Fresh Products! Buy Now
- Fresh Year = Fresh Deals! Shop Now
- Larry, February Finds to Buy ASAP!
- Frozen February Prices to Warm Up Your Wallet
- Snowbird Sales All February Long
- Judy, 25% Off February 1-28 Only
- February Flies By, Don’t Miss This Sale!
- Feel Cold Yet? Sales to Warm Up Your February
February email subject lines to book services
Many service-based businesses can be in-between busy or slow seasons during February. Here are a few email subject line ideas to make sure you’re still bringing in quality results:
- Fine Pastry February | Order Now at Fiona’s Bakery
- .. Chilly? Call C&C HVAC
- Frozen February = Frozen Pipes. Need a Plumber?
- February Filling Fast! Book Now
- Book Your February Fill at Forever Nail Salon
- February Fun! Event Planning Flurry Sessions Available Now
- Book Ahead in February & Save 15%
- February Flurries? You Need Kyle’s Snow Removal
- Book Ahead in February & Save All Spring!
- Fill Up February! A&A Auto Oil Change Specials
- Mind If We Help? Not Too Late for a Year-Long Strategy
Even more fun February email subject line ideas
Still looking for other February email subject line ideas? We’ve got you covered:
Super Bowl Sunday email subject lines
Some may argue Super Bowl Sunday is an even bigger holiday than Valentine’s Day. Capitalize on this February happening with these email subject lines:
- Kick-Off Your Super Bowl Weekend with Us!
- Let Us Kick Off Your Super Bowl Prep
- Wings, Pizza, And…
- Billy, Who Are You Rooting For?
- Live Super Bowl Sunday Watch Party!
- Super Bowl = Super Deals. Shop Now
- Want to Make a Bet?
- 3, 2, 1… Game On!
- It’s Kickoff Time! Are You Ready?
- Our Top 5 Game Day Essentials
- Walter, Are You Ready for the Big Game?
- The Easy Guide to Game Day Prep
- Big Game = Big Deals! Buy Now
- Watching the Super Bowl? Shop Our Super Deals
- Watch the Big Game While Winning Super Savings
- #Winning! Shop Super Bowl Sunday Wins
- Super Savings for the Super Bowl
- Play to Win! Game Day Giveaway
- Super Bowl Squares Here
- … A Super Bowl Surprise is Inside…
- Beer, Cheer, & Super Bowl Sunday Gear
- Sunday Funday: Game Day Edition
- .. Touchdown! Score Savings Here
- A Game to Watch & Savings to Score: Shop Here
- Let’s Face It: The Best Part of Super Bowl Sunday Is…
Valentine’s Day email subject lines
Of course, no February email marketing plan is complete without Valentine’s Day email subject lines to add a dose of sweetness to your revenue results:
- Spread the Self-Love, Book Your Massage Now!
- Calling All Couples! Valentine’s Day Specials at Fiore Ristorante
- Something Sweet for Your Sweetie Inside
- Mally, We Heart You!
- 4 Items We’re Loving This Valentine’s Day
- What We’re Falling in Love With this Valentine’s Day
- .. You Forgot About Valentine’s Day
- Navah, Last Day to Ship Valentine’s Day Gifts!
- One for You, One for Your Valentine
- Two is Better Than One! Valentine’s Day Bundles
- Shelby, Will You Be Our Valentine?
- Your Partner is Perfect, So Are These Valentine’s Gifts
- Valentine’s Day Gifts You’ll Love
- Deals as Sweet as Your Sweetheart
- Need a Valentine? We’re Here For You…
- Cupid’s Last Call: 10% Off Through Valentine’s Day
- Coupons You’ll Love! Valid on Valentine’s Day Only
- Better Than Roses: 30% Off
- Happy Valentine’s Day from Us, to You
- Sending Virtual Valentine’s Day Hugs!
Get inspiration for all your V-Day emails with our Valentine’s Day marketing ideas.
Other February holiday email subject lines
Aside from Super Bowl Sunday and Valentine’s Day, there are tons of other February holidays that your business can use to promote sales, services, and more all via email.
- Our Favorite Quotes Celebrating Black History (February is Black History Month)
- Don’t Hog These Deals! Share For a Reward, Groundhog Day Only (Groundhog Day, February 2)
- Groundhog Day Hooray! How We’re Celebrating (Groundhog Day, February 2)
- What Would Life Be Without Mail? (National Thank a Mail Carrier Day, February 4)
- Christine, It’s Raining Savings! (National Weatherperson’s Day, February 5)
- We’re Popping the Question… (Propose Day, February 8)
- Pizza Party! (National Pizza Day, February 9)
- What Makes Us Different (National Inventors’ Day, February 11)
- A Quick Act of Kindness Just for You (Random Act of Kindness Day, February 17)
- What We’re Whining About (National Drink Wine Day, February 18)
- Meet the Pets of True’s Hardware (National Love Your Pets Day, February 20)
- Presidents Day Mega-Sale! Up to 50% Off (President’s Day, February 21)
- A Sale So Good It Should Be Nationally Recognized! (President’s Day, February 21)
- Think About It… Think About It… (World Thinking Day, February 22)
- BRB, Thinking… (World Thinking Day, February 22)
- Cheers! We’ll Drink to That… (World Bartender Day, February 24)
- Spring is Near, Your Flowers Are Here! (Floral Design Day, February 28)
Related: Looking for other fun holidays to amp up your marketing game? Look no further than our big list of 422 social media holidays for every month of the year.
February newsletter subject line ideas
For many businesses, their February email newsletters are one of the first big send-outs of the year. Make yours count with these February newsletter subject line ideas:
- How We’re Keeping Our New Year’s Resolutions
- 4 Tips to Make the Most Out of This Short Month
- February Flies By, Here’s How We’re Dealing
- February News Flash
- 6 Quick February Hacks to Use in a Flash
- Flashy February: What We’re Showing Off
- 10 Trends We’re Love This Month
- You’re Invited! Our Top February Local Events
- Quotes to Inspire Your February Woes
Fire up your February email subject lines
Incorporating email into your February marketing ideas is vital to fostering a holistic online presence. With so many email subject line ideas to choose from, it’s easy to create a February plan that pops.
Try these email subject lines now, or if you’re pressed for time this month, look into having a marketing partner do the heavy lifting for you. However you decide to implement your February email marketing plan, you’re sure to see excellent results.
Looking for more inspiration? Check out these Valentine’s Day Instagram captions from WordStream.