February is my least favorite month. To all February Aquarius or Pisces folks out there, I’m sorry. But between recovering from the holidays, unpredictable weather, and fewer days than every other month, why would I like February?
However, if I were a small business owner, I might change my opinion. February is the perfect month to fire up your marketing after you’ve settled in for the new year. The trick is to be strategic with your approach to make the most out of this short month.
And email marketing is just the thing your business needs this February as it’s vital to small business success throughout the year. In fact, studies have shown that emails sent during winter drive the most traffic to your website. Plus, with about 347.3 billion emails being sent per day in 2023 and 64% of small businesses already leveraging email marketing, you won’t want to miss out on this February marketing channel. Yet, those numbers also indicate that competition is high, so you’ll want to give your email copywriting some extra TLC this month to help your business stand out.
We’ll explain how you can make it happen by exploring questions like:
- Why are your business’s February email subject lines important?
- Are there any February email subject line tips you should keep in mind?
- What are some February email subject line ideas fit for your business?
By the end of this post, you’ll be lobbying to make February the official favorite month of small businesses that use email marketing.
Related: Looking for a broader marketing plan fit for the whole year? Download our free 2023 marketing calendar jam-packed with ideas.
3 quick February email subject line tips
Here are few ways you can maximize the success of your February email subject lines:
1. Include a clear call to action (CTA)
A solid CTA can make the difference between a good subject line and an amazing subject line. Make sure your audience knows the action you’d like them to take upon opening your email. This can heighten your chances of converting recipients into customers.
2. Match your subject line to your landing pages
Whatever you promote in your February email subject line should be consistent with content you’re promoting elsewhere. For example, if you’re looking to increase traffic to your business’s website with your February emails, you’ll want both your email and website copywriting to align.
This brand’s seasonal email and coinciding landing page are tightly aligned.
3. Be creative
Try to tailor your February subject lines around what would appeal to your target market. This might mean using clever language, like rhymes, puns, or other attention-grabbing tactics. Use our ideas below to source inspiration for unique February subject lines that will help your email marketing campaigns take off!
February email subject line ideas for any business
- Freeze! February Offers Incoming
- Abel, Join in on Our February Fun!
- 🤓find February deals here
- Lori, Look No Further This February!
- February Flurry of Excitement at Rand’s Local
- Why February is Our Favorite Month…
- We’re Putting on Our February Best. Check Us Out!
- .. It’s Already February?
- February: both the shortest and longest month of the year
- R-YES-V-P to our fabulous February events
- Meri, Here’s to Still Processing Last Year…
- Dwight, How Are Your New Year’s Resolutions Going?
- Spring is Coming, Are You Ready?
- Winter is in Full Effect: How to Deal
- Find Us in February for a Special Surprise
- Follow Our Page in February & Get 10% Off!
- Plant ahead for spring in February🌱
February email subject lines to boost your sales
Email subject lines for sales can often be a challenge for small businesses since they must strike a balance between encouraging purchases without being too pushy. Try these sales email subject line ideas to help:
- February Flash Sale! 20% Off
- We’ve Got Sales to Make You Melt
- Fresh Year = Fresh Products! Buy Now
- Fresh Year = Fresh Deals! Shop Now
- Larry, February Finds to Buy ASAP!
- Shop now, pay later all February long
- We’re defrosting our prices!
- Frozen February Prices to Warm Up Your Wallet
- Snowbird Sales All February Long
- Judy, 25% Off February 1-28 Only
- February Flies By, Don’t Miss This Sale!
- Feel Cold Yet? Sales to Warm Up Your February
- We ❤ February sales
- Fall in love with our February sale items😍
February email subject lines to book services
Many service-based businesses can be in-between busy or slow seasons during February. Here are a few email subject line ideas to make sure you’re still bringing in quality results:
- Fine Pastry February | Order Now at Fiona’s Bakery
- .. Chilly? Call C&C HVAC
- Frozen February = Frozen Pipes. Need a Plumber?
- February Filling Fast! Book Now
- Book Your February Fill at Forever Nail Salon
- February Fun! Event Planning Flurry Sessions Available Now
- Book Ahead in February & Save 15%
- February Flurries? You Need Kyle’s Snow Removal
- Book Ahead in February & Save All Spring!
- Fill Up February! A&A Auto Oil Change Specials
- Mind If We Help? Not Too Late for a Year-Long Strategy
- Sandra, our February books are almost full!
- Book now in February to save later🤑
- Getting through February is hard, but booking with us is easy
Even more fun February email subject line ideas
Still looking for more February email subject line ideas? We’ve got you covered:
Super Bowl Sunday email subject lines
Some may argue Super Bowl Sunday is an even bigger holiday than Valentine’s Day. Capitalize on this February happening with these email subject lines:
- Kick-Off Your Super Bowl Weekend with Us!
- Let Us Kick Off Your Super Bowl Prep
- Wings, pizza, and…
- Billy, Who Are You Rooting For?
- Live Super Bowl Sunday Watch Party!
- Super Bowl = Super Deals. Shop Now
- Want to Make a Bet?
- 3, 2, 1… Game On!
- It’s Kickoff Time! Are You Ready?
- Our Top 5 Game Day Essentials
- Walter, Are You Ready for the Big Game?
- The Easy Guide to Game Day Prep
- Big Game = Big Deals! Buy Now
- Watching the Super Bowl? Shop Our Super Deals
- Watch the Big Game While Winning Super Savings
- #Winning! Shop Super Bowl Sunday Wins
- Super Savings for the Super Bowl
- Play to Win! Game Day Giveaway
- Super Bowl Squares Here
- … A Super Bowl Surprise is Inside…
- Beer, Cheer, & Super Bowl Sunday Gear
- Sunday Funday: Game Day Edition
- .. Touchdown! Score Savings Here
- A Game to Watch & Savings to Score: Shop Here
- Let’s Face It: The Best Part of Super Bowl Sunday Is…
- Get your game face on😎
- The best part game day? The food!
- How We’re Playing to Win this Month🏈
Valentine’s Day email subject lines
Of course, no February email marketing plan is complete without Valentine’s Day email subject lines to add a dose of sweetness to your revenue results:
- Spread the Self-Love, Book Your Massage Now!
- Calling All Couples! Valentine’s Day Specials at Fiore Ristorante
- Something Sweet for Your Sweetie Inside
- Mally, We Heart You!
- 4 Items We’re Loving This Valentine’s Day
- What We’re Falling in Love With this Valentine’s Day
- … You Forgot About Valentine’s Day😱
- Navah, Last Day to Ship Valentine’s Day Gifts!
- One for You, One for Your Valentine
- Two is Better Than One! Valentine’s Day Bundles
- Shelby, Will You Be Our Valentine?
- Your Partner is Perfect, So Are These Valentine’s Gifts
- Valentine’s Day Gifts You’ll Love
- Deals as Sweet as Your Sweetheart
- Need a Valentine? We’re Here For You…
- Cupid’s Last Call: 10% Off Through Valentine’s Day
- Coupons You’ll Love! Valid on Valentine’s Day Only
- Better Than Roses: 30% Off
- Happy Valentine’s Day from Us, to You
- Sending Virtual Valentine’s Day Hugs!
- Gifts they’ll swoon over
- Roses are red, violets are blue, here’s a gift for you 😊
Other February holiday email subject lines
Aside from Super Bowl Sunday and Valentine’s Day, there are tons of other February holidays that your business can use to promote sales, services, and more all via email.
- Our Favorite Quotes Celebrating Black History (February is Black History Month)
- Our top tips for ❤ health month (February is Heart Health Month)
- Don’t Hog These Deals! Share For a Reward, Groundhog Day Only (Groundhog Day, February 2)
- Groundhog Day Hooray! How We’re Celebrating (Groundhog Day, February 2)
- What Would Life Be Without Mail? (National Thank a Mail Carrier Day, February 4)
- Christine, It’s Raining Savings! (National Weatherperson’s Day, February 5)
- We’re Popping the Question… (Propose Day, February 8)
- Pizza Party! (National Pizza Day, February 9)
- What Makes Us Different (National Inventors’ Day, February 11)
- Exclusive update: tune into our custom playlist (National Guitar Day, February 11)
- A Quick Act of Kindness Just for You (Random Act of Kindness Day, February 17)
- What We’re Whining About (National Drink Wine Day, February 18)
- Meet the Pets of True’s Hardware (National Love Your Pets Day, February 20)
- Presidents Day Mega-Sale! Up to 50% Off (President’s Day, February 21)
- A Sale So Good It Should Be Nationally Recognized! (President’s Day, February 20)
- Think About It… Think About It… (World Thinking Day, February 22)
- BRB, Thinking… (World Thinking Day, February 22)
- Cheers! We’ll Drink to That… (World Bartender Day, February 24)
- Spring is near, your flowers are here! (Floral Design Day, February 28)
Related: Looking for other fun holidays to amp up your marketing game? Look no further than our big list of 480 social media holidays for every month of the year.
February newsletter subject line ideas
For many businesses, their February email newsletters are one of the first big send-outs of the year. Make yours count with these February newsletter subject line ideas:
- How We’re Keeping Our New Year’s Resolutions
- 4 Tips to Make the Most Out of This Short Month
- February Flies By, Here’s How We’re Dealing
- February News Flash
- 6 Quick February Hacks to Use in a Flash
- Flashy February: What We’re Showing Off
- 10 Trends We’re Love This Month
- You’re Invited! Our Top February Local Events
- Quotes to Inspire Your February Woes
- How we’re getting ahead of our 2023 goals
- 🚨February flash news: quick updates🚨
Fire up your February email subject lines
Incorporating email into your February marketing ideas is vital to fostering a holistic online presence. With so many email subject line ideas to choose from, it’s easy to create a February plan that pops.
Try these email subject lines now, or if you’re pressed for time this month, look into having a marketing partner do the heavy lifting for you. However you decide to implement your February email marketing plan, you’re sure to see excellent results.