I’m not going to lie, I was super excited to write this particular post. Why? Because I love Halloween! When you live as close to Salem, MA, as I do, you really can’t help it.
My own personal photo of the house that the main character in the movie ‘Hocus Pocus’ lived in. It’s still a common tourist spot to this day!
Now, you don’t have to love Halloween as much as I do. But you do have to take advantage of this important holiday on social media. Halloween presents a spooktacular opportunity to promote your brand on Instagram. In fact, over two-thirds of Americans celebrated Halloween last year, and there has been an average of about one million Halloween-related posts on social media each year since 2020. Those posts in total yield about 5.5 billion impressions annually. Clearly, Halloween unlocks a plethora of social media marketing opportunities you can’t afford to miss out on.
Unsure what to post? We’re here to help with 70+ Halloween Instagram captions that will treat your audience. ?
Halloween Instagram caption tips, tricks, and treats
There are a few quick social media tips you’ll want to keep in mind to properly construct your Halloween Instagram caption:
1. Know what you want to post
Your Instagram caption is meant to connect back to the content you’re sharing. The easiest way to know which Halloween Instagram caption is best for you this year is to have an idea of the type of post you’ll be sharing.
For example, the caption for a simple “Happy Halloween” post would be different from one that was promoting a Halloween sale.
If you’re unsure what to post on Instagram for Halloween, use these ideas for inspiration:
- Simply celebrate this fun and festive holiday
- Share out any Halloween promotions
- Give updates for the holiday, like any changes in operating hours
- Announce a Halloween sale
- Share a spooktacular recipe
- Remind your audience of Halloween happenings and events
When you use a list of ideas like this to decide the topic your Halloween post will cover, picking the right caption will be a breeze.
2. Connect back to your goals
When your Halloween Instagram posts have a purpose, they’ll have a higher likelihood of success. You can use social media goals to know what your Halloween post’s objective should be as well as what call to action would be best to include in your caption.
When you leverage a goal-oriented call-to-action phrase in your caption, it’s easier to get your followers to complete your desired action.
For example, if the purpose of your Halloween Instagram post is to drive traffic to your website, your caption might encourage your followers to click a link in your bio.
Our website grader can help you prepare your site for socially sourced web traffic this Halloween—for free!
3. Add treats for your audience
While you can’t reach through your audience’s phone to hand out candy, you can give them something sweet to look at in your captions, like emojis. Emojis are great eye-catching elements to include in your Halloween Instagram captions and add a dose of fun to your holiday marketing strategy.
Plus, with so many spooktacular emojis to choose from, like the ghost, pumpkin, and more, there’s no reason not to use emojis in your Halloween Instagram caption!
4. Add tricks to drive engagement
While your audience enjoys the treats, save yourself some tricks to grow your social media presence. Hashtags are a key social media trick when it comes to increasing your reach and getting found by new followers.
You could add hashtags to any of our Halloween caption ideas below, or create your own custom hashtag that’s simply a spooky twist on your brand name, a top product, or a popular service.
5. Have fun!
What’s the point of celebrating Halloween? To have fun, of course! Throughout the year, you might be obligated to repost educational content for your audience or promote your business.
However, Halloween is one of the few days you can get super creative with your Instagram posts and captions to fit the holiday theme. So don’t be afraid to add puns, jokes, and other creative elements to make caption magic happen.
Halloween Instagram captions anyone can use
Whether you’re looking to promote your personal brand, or need general Halloween Instagram captions for your business, these top ideas are sure to do the trick and be a treat for your audience:
- It’s #spookyszn and things around here are getting scary-fun!
- Halloween doesn’t have to be scary, check out this hilarious Halloweeny delight?
- We’re hollering for Halloween!
- Holla’ at us this Halloween?
- Hear us out: Halloween is the best holiday. Prove us wrong in the comments! Best reason for why or why not wins.
- Tell us why you love Halloween in the comments below Ready. Set. Go!
- In honor of Halloween tag us in your most scream-worthy posts winner gets reshared to our story?
- Hootin’ and hollerin’ because it’s Halloween Hooray!
- Gone haunting, be back in November
- Eat, drink, and be scary?
- Sending you our best witches
- Happy haunting!
- Trick or treat? Comment below which you prefer?
- All hail the great pumpkin?
- Have a jack-o-blast of a Halloween!
Funny Halloween Instagram captions
- What’s a ghost’s? favorite flavor of pie? Booberry
- Let’s get smashed??
- What’s a ghost’s favorite play? Romeo and ghoul-iet!
- Why don’t mummies take time off? They’re afraid to unwind.
- What do you call two witches living together? Broommates.
- How did the witch get around when her broomstick broke? She witch-hiked.
- How do you mend a jack-o-lantern? With a pumpkin patch.
- Why don’t zombies eat popcorn with their hands? They eat their hands separately.
- What do vegetarian zombies eat? Graaains!
- How do vampires start their letters? Tomb it may concern.
- Why did the vampire go to the doctor? He was always coffin.
- Don’t hang out with Dracula? he’s a real pain in the neck.
- How do pumpkins cross the road? With a crossing gourd.
- Knock knock? Who’s there? Boo! Boo who? Don’t cry, it’s only Halloween!
- ?If you’ve got it, haunt it!
- Ghosts love to shake their bootay?
- You better work, witch!?
Simple and one-word Halloween Instagram captions
- Spooked ya?
- Happy Halloween!
- Hooray for Halloween?
- Trick or treat?
- Oh my gourd!
- I want candy?
- Witch, please!?
- Life is gourd ?
- Let’s get spooky!
- Spooky season?
- Halloween! Yes, please!
- Feeling gourd?
- Hey, boo!
Instagram captions based on Halloween movie quotes
- “I put a spell on you, and now you’re mine!” – Hocus Pocus
- “Oh look, another glorious morning. Makes me sick.” – Hocus Pocus
- “It’s just a bunch of hocus pocus.” – Hocus Pocus
- “It’s a full moon tonight. That’s when all the weirdos are out.” – Hocus Pocus
- “I am the pumpkin king.” – The Nightmare Before Christmas
- “I’m the ghost with the most, babe.” – Beetlejuice
- “Halloween is cool!” – Halloweentown
- “It’s Halloween; everyone’s entitled to one good scare.” – Halloween
Instagram captions for Halloween events and parties
- Fangs for the memories from last year’s Halloween event ? Now onto this year’s Drop a comment below if you already put in your R-YES-V-P!
- Join us for our annual Halloween costume party… if you dare!?
- R-YES-V-P to our haunted happenings Halloween party tonight at 7 pm! All guys and ghouls are welcome.
- Bobbing for apples, costume contests, candy-corn crafts, and more only at our Halloween Hooplah this weekend! Stop by our store for some festive fall fun for the whole family all day Saturday?
- Pump up your pumpkin carving game with us at our virtual pumpkin carving fiesta live on our story later today ? Come follow along to create some scary-good gourds and jack-o-lanterns
- Hoppin’ Halloween party happening this Friday night! Don’t forget your costume?
Halloween Instagram captions for businesses
Regardless of what niche market you’re in, these Halloween Instagram captions are sure to be a hit with your customers.
Captions for Halloween contests or giveaways
- Calling all guys and ghouls! The ultimate Halloween costume contest is back. Submit your photos to our DMs we’ll feature the winner on our story and send you a special edition Halloween freebie!
- Give Count Dracula a run for his money by guessing in the comments how many pieces of candy corn are in this jar! Closest comment wins a gift card ?
- We present you with the ultimate Halloween horrors contest! Tag us in your spookiest, funniest, best Halloween stories and memories for a chance to win a set of coupons for you and a friend.
- The best part of any holiday? The food! Share your favorite Halloween recipe, whether it’s wickedly wild witch’s brew, a pumpkin spice and everything nice pie, or anything in between ?
- Enter our Halloween giveaway… if you dare! All guys and ghouls are welcome to enter to win a spooktacular surprise. ?
Related: Get Instagram Story ideas you can use to engage your audience all year long.
Halloween Instagram captions for sales
- We’ve cast a spell on our prices and now they’re hauntingly low all through Halloween!?
- We’re creepin’ it real this Halloween with sale prices you just can’t beat!
- Freakishly low prices on Halloween only! Link in bio, you know what to do! Go, go, go
- Are you on a haunted hunt for deals? Look no further than our annual Halloween sale live now on our website!
- Deals so wickedly good ? you’d think they were brewed by witches!
Halloween Instagram captions for services
- [Your company name] witches you a happy Halloween! Don’t forget that our winter books are open and we’ll be sweeping clients right off their broomsticks!?
- If the broom fits, fly it! And, if our newly opened appointment slots fit your schedule, book it!
- Don’t let that DIY project you’re working on turn into Frankenstein! We can help call us today or drop us a DM, our inbox is always open!
- Spooky services to book at your fingertips! Follow the link in our bio to get your free consultation, no tricks!?
- Tricks to turn your next appointment into a real tweet! Check out our latest blog post for tips on how to prep to make the most of your appointment.
Harvest Halloween Instagram caption success
These Halloween Instagram captions prove it can be easy and fun to create something great for your audience this time of year. Be sure to check out our other Halloween marketing resources, like the ones below:
100+ Fall Instagram Captions for Guaranteed Likes, Shares, & More!
100 Catchy Fall Email Subject Lines for Lasting Revenue Growth
89 Scary-Good October Holidays & Social Media Ideas (with Examples)
27 Catchy Fall Slogans for Marketing & Advertising (+Ways to Use Them!)
54 September Social Media Holidays & Ideas to Spice Up Your Fall