Coming up with the perfect Instagram caption is difficult—especially when it’s for a business. You want something that aligns with your brand but that will also help your post stand out in the feed, engage your audience, and potentially get found by a new audience through hashtags or the Discover page. That’s a tall order for something that’s supposed to be quick and easy!
The best Instagram captions are relatable, timely, and personable, which is why switching them up each season can help. Here, we’re sharing winter Instagram captions broken down by:
- Captions you can use all winter (which runs December 20 through March 20)
- Cold weather captions
- Industry-specific winter captions
- January Instagram captions
- February Instagram captions
- March Instagram captions
Plus, we’ve curated and created some free Canva templates you can use to go along with your winter Instagram captions to increase engagement and fill your social media calendar all season long. (Get them here!)
Tips for your winter Instagram captions
But first, here are some general tips to keep in mind as you write your Instagram captions this winter.
Know when to post on Instagram
It can be difficult to know when and how often your business should post on Instagram to get the best results. But understanding the best days, times, and types of posts to publish can make or break your Instagram marketing strategy.
Get details on the best times to post on Instagram here.
Create a healthy mix of Instagram posts
Because Instagram is more geared toward the personal, it’s not about always selling. But that doesn’t mean you can’t include some promotional posts as part of your social media content calendar. It’s important to have a balance.
We like the 70-20-10 rule, which suggests you share:
- 70% informational posts
- 20% emotional posts
- 10% promotional posts
This way you can build up your audience while still including some promotional information on this popular platform.
Tag your location
Whenever you post a new photo or video from your business this winter, try tagging your location in your Instagram post. This will enable your location to show above your post in the feed and all posts tagged with your location will be organized under a location tag.
You can also encourage your followers to tag your location whenever they post a photo from your business—this can help with sharing user-generated content!
Use winter hashtags
Another easy way to get found by a new audience is by using hashtags. Here are some popular winter hashtags to include in your Instagram captions:
Winter Instagram captions for any business
Use these winter Instagram captions any time this season to warm up your page.
- “Everything is magical when it snows. Everything looks pretty.” – Lorelei Gilmore | “A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water.” – Carl Reiner | What are your thoughts on snow? Are you team Lorelei or team Carl? 🤔
- We asked our team what their favorite thing about winter is! Here’s what they had to say 🎤 (Post with video or quote cards of employees answering the prompt.)
- We’re loving our winter (menu/offer/product/etc.)! Have you guys tried it yet? Get it before it’s too late!
- Cold days, warm hearts, can’t lose. ❄️
- “What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.” – John Steinbeck
New to Canva? Get our guide for how to use Canva here!
Cold weather captions
When the temperature drops, we’ve got some more winter Instagram caption ideas for you to try:
- It might be cold outside, but things are heating up at [business name]! Stop by/Visit our website to take advantage of our [sale/promotion/seasonal item]. #iceicebaby
- When the weather outside is frightful, this is how our team likes to stay warm! Never a dull moment at [business name] 😂 (Post with funny picture or video of employee or team staying warm.)
- What is everyone doing this #frostyfriday to stay nice and toasty? Here’s a glimpse at our #winterweekend plans.
- There’s nothing like a hot cup of coffee on a cold winter day! ☕️ (Post with a picture of a coffee mug or your favorite local coffee shop—don’t forget to tag the business!)
- Did you know we offer complimentary coffee? Come in to get your fix and warm up with us!
Industry-specific winter Instagram captions
Looking for something specific to your business? We’ve got you covered.
Here are some winter Instagram caption ideas for your dealership, repair shop, or automotive-related business.
- Did you know that you’re supposed to check your tire tread every month? The cold weather can be especially hard on your tires. Make sure to give them a good look and replace or repair if you see uneven or worn tread.
- Is it time for your [annual inspection/an oil change/etc.]? Warm up inside with a nice cup of [hot chocolate/coffee/beverages you offer] while we take care of it for you! ☕️
- Dreaming of a summer road trip? Now might be the perfect time to get that new car you’ve been dreaming of too. We have low winter prices ready and waiting for you! 🚙
Use these Instagram captions this winter for your healthcare business.
- With COVID-19 cases rising this season, it’s more important than ever to keep yourself and your family safe. Make sure to wear your mask, stay six feet apart, and wash your hands. Check out more of our top tips at the link in our bio.
- Feeling under the weather? Rest, plenty of fluids, and a saltwater gargle can help you feel better faster. Our office is open and here for you—give us a call if you need to!
- Looking for a healthy recipe to warm you up this winter? This [recipe] is fast, easy, healthy, and filling. #easymeals #wintermeals
Try these winter Instagram caption ideas to spruce up your home services Instagram page this season.
- Get ahead of spring cleaning! We’re offering a winter special that you won’t want to miss. Get the details at the link in our bio or give us a call at [number]. #wintercleaning
- Did you know you can cover your windows in bubble wrap (from the inside) to help prevent cold air from leaking through? Get more cool winter-proofing tips at the link in our bio. #winterproof
- Haters gonna hate and heaters gonna heat 🔥 #hvachumor
Here are some winter Instagram captions real estate businesses can try:
- The market is still white-hot 🔥 so if you’re thinking about selling your home, now is the time!
- [add client testimonial] – We were so happy to work with [client name] to get them into [his/her/their] dream home this winter. They’re going to enjoy the [city name] [snow, warmer weather, etc.]!
- Planning a big move this spring? Then now is the time to start preparing! We suggest clients begin tidying their homes, getting rid of items they won’t need, and attending to minor repairs so they can be ready to sell in the upcoming months. Get more tips at the link in our bio.
Gyms and fitness
The winter months are a big time for gyms and fitness businesses. Here are some Instagram caption ideas:
- Ready to get back into the grind? We can help! Take advantage of our New Year special so you can start the year off right. 🏋️♂️
- Here are some easy [stretches/moves/workouts] you can do at home to jumpstart your metabolism and get your body moving. [with a video or images to accompany]
- “It’s never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot. We completely agree. Your goals, your dreams, and your potential will always be there—you just have to go for them!
Schools and education businesses
This is a busy time for many schools and education-related businesses. Here are some Instagram caption ideas to use:
- We’re excited to have everyone back for the semester! We’ve got a lot of exciting events, games, and opportunities coming up—make sure to check out the link in our bio for the school calendar.
- “Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace.” – Confucius
- How do you stay motivated for a new semester? Let us know in the comments, and we’ll choose someone at random to win a special prize!
Get more school social media post ideas here.
Here are some winter Instagram captions spas and wellness businesses can use:
- After a busy holiday season, you need some pampering! Check out our winter specials and come see us!
- We’re so excited about our new [promotion, product, etc] available this winter only! Make an appointment or drop by to enjoy it for yourself.
- Self-care is more than a day at the spa! This winter season, make it a point to find ways for a little self-care every day. Some of our favorites include: exercise or stretching, reading, talking to a friend on the phone, meditating. Let us know how you self-care!
January Instagram captions
January is all about a fresh start, setting goals, and getting organized. Here are some Instagram caption ideas to try this month:
- Can you believe it’s 2022 already? Here at [business name], we’re setting our goals for the year, and we can’t wait to share them with you! What are your goals for the new year? #resolution #goalplanning
- New year, who dis?
- It’s never too late to become who you were meant to be.
- A new year means new [products or services]! Stop by to check out [new product or service].
- We’re so excited about everything we have planned this year. Take a sneak peek at our website to see the events we have coming up this month 👀 (link in bio)!
Get more January social media ideas (with a free calendar!) here.
February Instagram captions
Make your audience fall in love with your business’s Instagram page with these February caption ideas:
- We ❤️ our customers! Here’s what [customer name] had to say last time [he/she/they] stopped by!
- Valentine’s Day is just days away—what are you getting your loved ones? We’ve got some ideas! (More Valentine’s Day Instagram captions here.)
- Looking for things to do in [your city] this month? Check out some of our favorite spots and upcoming events.
- We’re feeling the love this month! Come in for a [discount here] any time in February as our way to say thanks 💕
- February is Black History Month. Here’s one of our favorite quotes from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. We linked even more quotes at the link in our bio.
Find more February social media post ideas here.
March Instagram captions
The snow is thawing (in some places) and spring is near—here are some March Instagram caption ideas to wrap up the season:
- We’re nearing the end of winter! What are you going to miss most about this season? And what are you looking forward to in spring? We can’t wait to enjoy some warmer weather.
- March is National Craft Month! We put together some tutorials of some fun and easy crafts you can try at home ✂️ #craftmonth #letsgetcrafty
- We’ve got some exciting new arrivals coming in for the start of spring. We can’t wait to show you! 👀
- Don’t forget to enter our Month of March contest! Make sure you’re following us, and tag a friend for your chance to enter. (Get more tips for running Instagram contests here.)
- March 12: Daylight Savings ends tomorrow! Don’t forget to set your clocks back an hour ⏰
Make your winter Instagram posts wonderful
By using these winter Instagram captions ideas (and templates!) you can engage your audience in a new way while taking some of the pressure off to come up with new ideas each day or week.
Want even more social media post ideas for every month of the year? Download our 2022 Marketing Planning Guide here!