As we approach the mid-point of the year, your social media marketing should be heating up. However, maintaining fresh and consistent content can be easier said than done.
Keeping up with your social media marketing month over month can sometimes feel like a whirlwind!
Sometimes the most challenging part of social media marketing is brainstorming and scheduling new posts—especially when you’ve already gone through six months’ worth of ideas for the year. That’s why we put together this handy list of June social media holidays and ideas to help your business stay on track. We’ve compiled:
- Social media tips to remember this June.
- June social media holidays to post about this month.
- Even more June social media ideas you can use throughout the month.
With these June social media holiday ideas and examples, your business’s social media calendar will be full of inspiration all month long.
Related: Want ideas to last for the rest of the year? Download our free marketing calendar filled with tips and ideas for any month you need.
June social media tips to keep in mind
Before we jump into your June social media marketing, let’s review some key social media tips to remember this month:
Set clear goals
You can’t have social media marketing without social media goals. While you may have overarching business goals in place for your social platforms, try to break them down for the month of June. When you outline your long and short-term goals ahead of time, coming up with social media content will be a breeze.
For example, if your goal for the month is brand awareness, you’ll need to upkeep your brand consistency to help your business become more memorable. In that case, you might have each post showcase your brand personality by matching your business logos and aligning with other style guidelines.
This small business might have a brand awareness social media goal. Its logo and brand font are present in the Instagram photo. Plus, the caption matches its brand voice.
Get your website ready
One of the major benefits of social media marketing is that it helps drive traffic to your website. Aside from triggering your audience to search for you later, you may even be linking to your website in your page bios or post captions. Be sure your business’s website is ready for success as followers are bound to pay your site a visit.
To ensure a smooth experience for those who click on your website from social media, try using a free online website grader tool to identify areas for improvement. Whether it’s your page speed, picture or video content, or missing keywords, you’ll need to know what to fix before it evolves into a full-blown headache.
An example of a report from LocaliQ’s website grader that can help you make the most out of your socially sourced web traffic.
Include quality photos and videos
Speaking of your site photo and video quality, your social media content quality matters too. Posting images that aren’t the right size for each platform can lead to oddly cropped photos, blurry or unplayable content, and a whole slew of other social media sizing issues. Get your sizes down before you post using our handy image below:
Leverage social media trends
Social media is constantly evolving, so your strategy should as well. That means keeping up with social media trends throughout the month to help your content get found. For example, you might use trending hashtags, emojis, or duet an influencer’s post to stay on top of what’s hot across various platforms. To start, try these June hashtag ideas below:
June social media holidays (with ideas and examples)
Boost your social media presence with these June social media holiday ideas and examples:
African-American Music Appreciation Month
Dating back to 1979, this June monthly observance is meant to celebrate all the amazing Black musicians, composers, singers, songwriters, and creators of the world. If diversity, equity, and inclusion marketing isn’t already part of your strategy, June is the perfect time to start with these post ideas:
- Create a shareable playlist! This is a unique way to build a brand community by getting your followers to listen to your choice of songs created by talented Black musicians. This can help make your brand more memorable as the playlist will cause your audience to think of your business while they listen. Plus, it’s a great way to show support for Black creators while fitting diversity into your marketing. You could even host a celebration event at your store or office where you play the playlist at the party.
- Do a post series on Black musicians who inspire you. You’ll give followers an inside look at how much you appreciate Black composers, songwriters, and singers. An added bonus is that you can do multiple posts to fill the whole month.
- Run a Black music history trivia contest. For example, did you know a Black female guitarist who rose to fame in 1938 was a known inspiration to later artists, like Elvis Presley and Little Richard? Her name was Sister Rosetta Tharpe, and she was later crowned the “Godmother of Rock ‘n’ Roll.” Your followers are sure to love interesting facts like this.
LGBTQ+ Pride Month
Another way to ensure your social media marketing is inclusive this June is to celebrate and support Pride Month. This monthly observance began as a commemoration of the Stonewall riots in New York City in 1969, but it’s blossomed into a full-on celebration of all those in the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer communities. Here is how your business can show support on social media:
- Take action. One thing you’ll want to avoid when it comes to Pride Month marketing (or any potentially sensitive holiday or observance) is passive activism. This has been a common issue within the LGBTQ+ communities as businesses rebrand to rainbow colors for the month with no concrete support behind the cause. Try attending a local parade or workshop, donate money or time to your closest LGBTQ+ inclusive shelter, or find other ways to give back during this month. Be sure to post about how your followers can help take part just like you did.
- Pass your platform off to amplify LGBTQ+ voices. See if an employee, friend, family member, or community member that identifies as LGBTQ+ would be comfortable sharing their story. You could have them do a “social media takeover” on your accounts for a day to discuss what being LGBTQ+ means to them.
- Educate your followers on LGBTQ+ history and culture. You could post a series of fun facts throughout Pride Month to show your support. Your followers are sure to like and comment on anything they may not have previously known, giving your social media platforms increased engagement. For example, did you know the pride flag originally had eight colors 1978, but was later cut down to six? Many years later, in 2000, the transgender flag was also created with multiple meaningful colors. Eventually, it was donated to the Smithsonian National Museum of American History in 2014.
Related: Get tips for your Pride Month marketing here.
Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month
Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month was created to bring to light the impact the tragic disease has on families from all walks of life. As of 2023, an estimated 6.7 million Americans age 65 or older are living with Alzheimer’s disease. Here’s how your business can take part in bringing awareness for Alzheimer’s all month long with these June social media ideas:
- Create a custom post with purple. Or, add purple emojis into your captions. Purple is the official color for Alzheimer’s awareness!
- Take part in a fundraiser on June 21. The longest day of the year, June 21—the summer solstice, is the designated day for worldwide Alzheimer’s research fundraising. Show you’re participating on social media, and include the official slogan “the day with the most light is the day we fight.”
National Homeownership Month
Originally starting as National Homeownership Week under the Clinton administration in 1995, this observance turned into a month-long celebration in 2002 meant to increase homeownership across the nation. Since the majority of your customers most likely live in their home, townhouse, condo, or apartment, these social media post ideas are sure to be a hit:
- Share a picture of your home. As a small business owner, you may have started working out of your own house at one point. Share your homeownership story and tie it back to your business to add a personal touch to your social media marketing.
- Give homeownership tips. For example, if most of your social media audience is younger, you might post tips on buying a home. In contrast, if your audience trends older, you could give repair and maintenance tips.
- Realtors: This is a great opportunity for you! Post about this monthly observance and potentially try a video series on social media. (Get more seasonal real estate marketing tips here!)
June 1: Global Day of Parents
Parenthood means something different to everyone, but most people had a parent figure that made an impact on their lives. That’s why it’s worth celebrating parents during this June social media holiday, and your followers are sure to relate to these posts:
- Highlight a parent from your business. Are you or one of your employees parents? Celebrate them by doing a feature on social media about what makes them a rockstar parent. When you show how you value your employees for who they are outside of the workplace, you’re growing your employer branding strategy.
- Repost content from a parenting influencer. Leveraging influencer marketing on social media is a no-brainer since they’re always on top of what’s trending. The 4-1-1 social media rule says that a mix of your own content plus reshared content from others is best. When you reshare parent content from an influencer, you’re switching up your posts for your audience—as opposed to the “same old, same old.”
- Post cute photos of your kids. Nothing beats adorable pictures when it comes to social media. If you or your employees have pictures of your family you want to share, your followers will be sure to get a kick out of it.
June 5: World Environment Day
While Earth Day is an April social media holiday that celebrates the ground we walk on, World Environment Day was created during the first-ever U.N. conference to help bring awareness to how humans interact with (and impact) the environment. This June social media holiday brings to light shocking statistics that require attention, like how 7 million people die each year from causes related to air pollution. Master green marketing on social media by taking an environmental stand with these post ideas:
- Showcase a green product or process your business has. For example, if you sell eco-friendly products, or offer services using environmentally savvy solutions, highlight them through an educational product video. About 70% of people prefer video content over text when learning about something, so this is a great way to educate your followers on how your business stays environmentally friendly.
- Repost gorgeous pictures of the world around your business. Remind your followers what this day is all about with eye-catching photos or videos of local natural landmarks or your favorite spot in nature.
- Make an event out of this social media holiday. You could invite customers to help pick up trash in a nearby park or neighborhood. Be sure to post plenty of pictures later to show how your business gave back on World Environment Day.
June 19: Juneteenth
Juneteenth is a June holiday that will require attention from your brand. With over 155 years of history behind it, Juneteenth celebrates the total liberation of slaves. This came about on June 19, 1865, after many slaves were left unaware of the abolishment proclamation from Abraham Lincoln previously announced on January 1, 1863. Recently, in 2019, it became a recognized national holiday. This was because many Black Americans found the July Fourth holiday to be contradictory to their history’s truths. Here’s how your business can recognize Juneteenth on social media:
- Give your employees the day off to process and learn from Black history. Since this is a national holiday, employers will treat it as such by shutting down regular business operations for the day. Many of your Black employees and brand community members may take this time to reflect. Almost half of consumers prefer brands who show they care about their employees, so letting your followers know that your employees are taking the day off is sure to be appreciated.
- Partner with a local business or organization for the day. Whether you’re volunteering at a nearby Black history resource center or cross-promoting with a Black-owned local business, you can post about your business’s partnership on social media. You could even tag each other on Instagram to share the follower wealth while also contributing to their cause.
June 21: National Selfie Day
What a perfect June social media holiday! National Selfie Day is a great opportunity to market with emotion by incorporating fun or funny self-portraits into your posts. Here are some National Selfie Day post ideas:
- Have your employees and friends take selfies to post to your accounts. They don’t have to be the prettiest, as long as they’re goofy and celebrate the nature of this June social media holiday. In fact, over 50% of people prefer funny content, so the sillier the selfies the better.
- Make your product or service offerings part of the selfie fun. Host a social media giveaway or contest for the customer who takes the best selfie with your products. Be sure to have your customers tag you in their entry to help grow your following.
June 24: Take Your Dog to Work Day
Who doesn’t love dogs? This June social media holiday is bound to be a favorite amongst your followers. Here’s how you can make the most of Take Your Dog to Work Day on social media:
- Turn your office or store into a doggy daycare for the day! Bring your dog to work, and allow your employees to do the same. Be sure to catch all the cuteness on camera to share out later.
- Post a “day in the life” about your dog. Have some fun by making it seem like your dog took over your business’s social media account. Have the post take account of what your dog does throughout the day to help the business grow.
- Reshare cute dog photos. If you don’t have a dog or don’t have the ability to allow dogs at your business, your brand can still take advantage of Take Your Dog to Work Day on social media. Studies have shown that the cuter the content, the happier it makes the viewer. Repost photos and videos of pups to bring a smile to your followers’ faces.
June 25: Global Beatles Day
In today’s world where billions of song streams can happen in a matter of minutes, it’s crazy to think that The Beatles shot to fame after performing “All You Need” Is Love to just 400 million live TV viewers. Global Beatles Day is to celebrate the impact this iconic 60’s era band had on music, but also their messages of peace and love. With over 26 million current monthly listeners on Spotify alone, this band is still a favorite among most of the population. That being said, your followers are sure to eat up these Global Beatles Day post ideas:
- Partner with a musical artist for a cover video. Do you have any musicians in your business’s community? If so, have them cover a Beatles song and record it. The video post will give a unique twist to people’s feeds, making it a great way to help your business stand out.
- Share your favorite Beatles song. Whether its “Here Comes The Sun,” “Come Together,” or any of their other hits, there’s sure to be a song you can bond with your followers over. Brighten up the post by sharing the song’s album cover, and caption it with the lyrics that resonate most with your business.
- The Beatles wanted their listeners to know that living in peace is possible. Use that to your advantage as you post about a product or service on social media. Explain to your followers what problem your offering can solve, and how you can bring them peace—even if it’s just for a small part of their lives.
June 30: Social Media Day
We’re rounding up our listing with the ultimate June social media holiday: Social Media Day! While it feels like social media came to life just yesterday, this holiday has been around since 2010. The first social media network was originally created in 1997, and the rest is history! Make the most of your social media marketing strategy on Social Media Day with these posts:
- Thank your followers. This is the perfect opportunity to share how much social media means to you and how its helped your business grow. Without a following, your business growth would not be possible. Be sure to show your followers some love with a simple post that says
“Thanks for following us!”
- Post a recipe for a celebratory Social Media Day treat. In fact, 54% of people use social media to find a new recipe. There’s no better way to celebrate Social Media Day than to post about what it’s frequently used for.
- Highlight some of your top-performing posts. Reflect on some of your past social media marketing wins by resharing your best posts during Social Media Day. With this idea, you’ll save yourself time by reusing old, popular posts. Alternatively, you could have your followers shout out their favorite content of yours and repost their responses on your page.
Even more June social media holidays
Believe it or not, there are even more social media holidays your business can take advantage of this June. Check out this list for additional inspiration to brainstorm your own June social media ideas:
- National Candy Month
- National DJ Month
- National Aquarium and Zoo Month
- Men’s Health Month
- National Iced Tea Month
- National Safety Month
- National Soul Food Month
- June 1: Dinosaur Day
- June 1: National Nail Polish Day
- June 1: National Olive Day
- June 2: Leave the Office Early Day
- June 2: National “I Love My Dentist” Day
- June 3: National Donut Day
- June 3: National Egg Day
- June 3: World Bicycle Day
- June 3: World Cider Day
- June 4: National Cheese Day
- June 4: Shopping Cart Day
- June 5: National Cancer Survivors Day
- June 6: Higher Education Appreciation Day
- June 7: National Tailor’s Day
- June 7: National Chocolate Ice Cream Day
- June 8: National Best Friends Day
- June 8: World Oceans Day
- June 10: Herb and Spices Day
- June 10: National Iced Tea Day
- June 11: National Corn on the Cob Day
- June 12: International Children’s Day
- June 12: Peanut Butter Cookie Day
- June 14: Flag Day
- June 14: World Blood Donor Day
- June 15: Global Wind Day
- June 15: World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
- June 16: National Fudge Day
- June 16: Nursing Assistants Day
- June 17: National Flip Flop Day
- June 17: Global Garbage Man Day
- June 18: Go Fishing Day
- June 18: International Sushi Day
- June 18: Father’s Day (Get Father’s Day social media posts + templates here!)
- June 20: Ice Cream Soda Day
- June 20: National American Eagle Day
- June 20: World Refugee Day
- June 21: First Day of Summer (Get summer marketing ideas and summer promotions here!)
- June 21: Go Skate Day
- June 21: International Yoga Day
- June 21: World Day of Music
- June 22: National HVAC Tech Day
- June 23: National Hydration Day
- June 23: National Pink Day
- June 25: International Day of the Seafarer
- June 26: National Beautician’s Day
- June 26: National Chocolate Pudding Day
- June 27: National HIV Testing Day
- June 27: National PTSD Awareness Day
- June 27: National Sunglasses Day
- June 28: Insurance Awareness Day
June social media post ideas (not about holidays!)
If June social media holidays don’t mesh with your business, there are plenty of other options when it comes to post ideas for this month:
Make a summer splash
Whether it’s a company beach day, a summer referral program, or tips to beat the heat, summer-themed posts are a surefire way to boost your June social media results. Make a summer splash with an eye-catching post that matches the bright mood of the season. Be sure to use the summer hashtags we mentioned above, and ask your followers to comment on what they’re doing to celebrate summer too.
Swap out your product positioning
If you have any offers that haven’t yet been reframed for summer, now is the time to do so. For example, if you only offer products that are used during the wintertime, invite your customers to purchase ahead of time to avoid missing out during peak season. Or instead of a spring-cleaning service, offer to maintain that cleanliness through the summer. Whatever you offer to your niche market, be sure it’s framed to match the current state of the season.
This hair care brand offers the same products year-round, but switched its positioning to be applicable to summer.
Post a course series
Something that impacts many communities during this time of year is graduations. Many schools are wrapping up the year, and tons of students are throwing their caps into the air. Follow this trend by doing your own “class” for customers to learn from. You could post weekly questions or facts, and quiz participants towards the end of the month for a prize. Repost the “graduates” to your page for a fun way to shout out loyal customers.
Related: Get ready-to-post summer Instagram captions to make your profile pop!
Start off summer right with these June social media ideas
No matter what type of business you have, there are opportunities for you on social media. Social media holidays make it easier than ever to market your brand across platforms in a unique way. If you still feel like you need help with your social media marketing strategy, check out our free guide on simplified social media marketing.
Want more June marketing resources? We’ve got you covered!
34 Clever & Catchy Holiday Marketing Slogans to Make Campaigns Bright (+Examples!)
15 Black Friday Promotion Ideas to Drive Sales Fast
38 Thanksgiving Social Media Posts, Hashtags & Marketing Ideas to Gobble Up Results
40 Perfectly Prepared Thanksgiving Slogans (+Ideas to Use Them)
36 Enchanting Halloween Marketing Slogans (+Ideas to Treat Your Customers!)